Saturday 29 December 2012

Thoughts about consciousness 2 (Science/Philosophy)

I have recently researched into time and consciousness in more detail see "Research into Time and consciousness"

I do understand that these ideas are probably not true; however they are ideas that I feel I should write down otherwise i shall forget or lose my thoughts/ideas.





If we continue on the path that our senses are extremely important to how we view the world and that the universe is actually distinguished by us individually it brought me to a second major thought.

Although we “know” that Australia exists (I am not disputing this); if we had no previous knowledge of such a place and we were never told about any of these other places we have never been; how do we know they exist.

To my knowledge we don’t until we are told or experience these places; but if you think about a test human who has never been told anything about the universe all he knows is what he can sense.

This brings me to my 2nd point;
Your relevant universe at a certain point in time is only distinguished by your senses and how far they reach.

Now as each sense has a different range (for example you cannot touch that car which drove by your house but you can hear it). The volume of your relevant universe must be established by your farthest reaching sense, which is probably always changing.

This makes perfect sense to me; as further than your senses at any given time or “time singularity” you do not experience anything other than your senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment